Tuesday 26 October 2010

Wet, wet, wet.

    Its raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring. He went to bed and bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning. Yep its raining out, not pouring rain but the fine drizzle stuff that soaks you slowly to the bone. I've been out in it twice and have no intention of going back out today, bit of knitting, spinning and a good cup of coffee are my plans for the rest of the day.

  Started another Iphone sock cosy, this one in grey/gray. Its mainly moss/seed stitch with two rope cables, haven't started the cable parts yet, will have to figure out which is the best way around for them. I've finished the pink Iphone sock, Icords done, its weaved in and is just waiting for a wash and block.

  The pink woven one I made is way to small, by an inch. Its not eyelash yarn but the feather yarn stuff so its pretty furry and chunky. Oh well its all good practise and its the first time I've actually finished a piece and tied it all off. I'll think about weaving another one but think it will need to be done side on for the right measurements.

  I'll be using my kick spindle again today, I need to write a post about it. I love using it, its a lot easier than I thought though is a bit hard on my leg. I end up standing up to use it a lot, really need a chair the right height to use it comfortably I think.

No comments: