Saturday 23 October 2010

Cable IPhone Sock Cosy


Magic loop IPhone sock rope cable.
Cable IPhone Sock Cosy

    This is the Iphone sock cosy I knitted for one of my sisters birthdays. She loves it and some of her friends at work have asked me to knit some more, which I'm working on at the moment. I'm doing them all slightly different styles(cables) and colours, including an odd pink one at the moment.
Knitted IPhone sock cosy
   I did this Iphone sock cosy using magic loop, I'm not sure how you'd split it for 3 or 4 double point needles. I did the front with a simple rope cable and the back in basket weave. The pictures are not great and the work wasn't blocked when I took the pictures.
Knitted Cable Iphone Sock

  The Iphone sock is for an IPhone 3 and measures around 3" wide by 5" long. You'll need to just your needles for the yarn your using to get those measurmeants.
Cast on 40 stitches and split them into 20 for the magic loop,join and


  • Row 1 Knit
  • 2 K6,p2,k4,p2,k6, back part is k5,p5,k5,p5
  • 3 p2,k4,p2,k4,p2,k4,p2. k5,p5,k5,p5
  • 4 repeat row 2
  • 5 repeat row 3
  • 6 k6,p2,C4F,p2,k6, back part is a knit row.
  • 7 p2,k4,p2,k4,p2,k4,p2back part now changes to p5,k5,p5,k5
  • 8 k6,p2,k4,p2,k6. p5,k5,p5,k5
   For the front cables are every 6th row for the back repeat the pattern of either k5,p5,k5,p5 or p5,k5,p5,k5 for 4 rows with a knit row inbetween the patterns.
  I changed to 1*1 ribbing for the last few rows and did a couple of yarn overs to thread the Icord through, next time I probably would do real button holes. 
 Hope thats clear if not email me and I'll write it out for you, it is a pretty simple pattern. 

Iphone Sock Cosy

No comments: