Wednesday 11 August 2010

Knitting needle converter widget?

     I'm trying to write a knitting needle converter widget. Its been a heck of a long times since I did any code and I've never done any java so I'm hunting around the net to find sort of examples I can rewrite to suit. Of course it would be easier if a widget already existed. 

  
The best I've come up with so far is a drop down menu that needs a lot of work. What I want is a couple of boxes, one you but your needle size in and the second gives the conversions.

   

So far I've created a page to link too with the drop down menu, not the result I was looking for but I'll figure it out somehow.




  
  

If you see crazy stuff going on in the side menu don't worry its just me banging my head repeatedly on the keyboard.



    
  
ETA

I've sort of come up with a drop down menu listing the needle sizes, unfortunately its very untidy at this stage and I'm not sure what to do. Maybe 3 boxes??? Dunno and I'm fast running out of brain cells.

   
   
If you click on any of the needles sizes you will be taken to page with them all laid out in a neat table.




eta hmmm think I've broken the blog now, having to edit in all the line breaks on the posts for some odd reason, or maybe its just blogger being a pita.

No comments: