Found a nice double basket weave scarf I can do and I have plenty of yarn for it left over from the sweater. I seem to be obsessed with double basket weave at the moment. I really need to learn to cable, I'm sure that will cure my obsession. I got the patten for free when I signed up to knitting daily emails. If you go there you can sign up and get the same pattern, theres 7 patterns for men included.
CO 28 sts. Work double basket pattern as follows:
- Rows 1 and 5: (RS) K11, p2, k2, p2, k11 .
- Rows 2 and 6: P1, k8, p2, [k2, p2] 2 times, k8, p1.
- Rows 3 and 7: K1, p8, [k2, p2] 2 times, k2, p8, k1.
- Rows 4 and 8: P11 , k2, p2, k2, p11 .
- Row 9: Knit.
- Rows 10 and 14: [P2, k2] 2 times, p12, [k2, p2] 2 times.
- Rows 11 and 15: [K2, p2] 2 times, k2, p8, [k2, p2] 2 times, k2.
- Rows 12 and 16: [P2, k2] 2 times, p2, k8, [p2, k2] 2 times, p2.
- Rows 13 and 17: [K2, p2] 2 times, k12, [p2, k2] 2 times.
- Row 18: Purl.
ending with Row 8 or 17.
Finished width should be about 4.5", 11.5 cm.
I've made a start using 4.5 mm needles(5" wide) but will do another one on 4mm and maybe another using two strands on 3mm needles and see which one looks the nicest. I'll take pictures once its finished, I think it will knit up very quickly once I decide on what size needles to use.