Monday 31 January 2011

sl st colours

   I didn't really get a lot done this weekend but I did try out the slip stitch colour work method. I'll get the swatch finished for the weekend and take some pictures. 
   Its a fun simple method to working in colours but does have its draw backs, that can be turned into an advantage. The slip stitches knit a thicker fabric so you could use it on the back of mittens or the chest of a jumper to help with warmth. I'm not sure I'd use small pieces in a larger piece though, the bulkyness and puckering might not work. Talking of puckering you do need to make sure you don't knit too tight.

  While reading about the slip stitch colour method I did come across some wonderful mosaics that can be knit with this method, not alot on line so will need to buy a book on it. It does look really interesting and I think I'll take it further but for now its just fun to play with. I'll probably try my hand at knitting fair isle and intarsia next.

Hope you all had a great weekend, have a good day and take care.

No comments: