Monday 10 January 2011

Whats next?

   Hope you all had a good productive or relaxing weekend. I spent most of my time messing around with the weaving. Now I can join colours I jumped right in and bit off more than I could chew. I really need to keep things simple at the beginning, messing around with 5 shuttles with the frame loom on your lap isn't much fun and fun is what its supposed to be about.
  By Sunday I had unwoven the extra colours and rows back and sort of started again but with no plan. I really need to start again from scratch and have more than a rough idea of what I want to weave. I think I should get some cotton and weave some small projects first like wash cloths and dish towels.

  I did pick up my knitting needles again on Sunday and started back on the moss/seed stitch scarf. I'm much more in the mood for knitting now so will try and get the scarf finished by the weekend. Not sure what I want to knit next, thinking I should do something for myself. A very rare treat. Still have half a pair of socks that need finishing, there about a year old. Well I guess that's decided then, I'll finish the socks after the scarf is done.
 
  Have a great day and take care.

No comments: