Saturday 29 January 2011

Learning colours.

   Was very cold overnight, hard frost on the ground this morning walking the dog. I don't mind the cold so much, as long as I can't feel it. It makes nice walking weather, just dress right and don't fall in any ponds. I was thinking of firing up the bbq for a pork chop but have decided against it, I doubt it will get above freezing today.

  No knitting done yesterday and I didn't try the pockets for the moss/seed stitch scarf, I'll have to find them today and see if they fit. I don't have a lot to do today so will have a go at the slip colours method. Only time I've worked with colours has been across full rows to make stripy blankets so will be happy to add this technique to my skill set.
   I really should have a go at fair isle knitting, intarsia. Not today though, I should set a goal of learning how this year. The one thing that has held me back doing intarsia is all the yarn at the back of the work, I feel its very untidy. I have done a little swiss darning and find that method much more tidy.

  Have a great weekend, stay warm and take care folks.

No comments: