Wednesday 19 January 2011

First BBQ 2011

   Got to try out my new bbq yesterday, its smaller than I thought but that suits me ok. It was slower to get the charcoal started compared to my old bucket bbq but once going cooked for a much longer time. The main thing I loved about my old bucket bbq was its speed and you could carry it even when it was fully burning. I've had to move it into the garage/shed doorway due to rain a few times. Coming home and deciding to have a bbq at the last minute was very easy with the old bucket.
  I only did a few burgers on the new bbq, I could of easily done the pork chop at the end aswell but at the time decided against it as it was dark. I really need to sort out better lights out back, had a hurricane lamp going and a led lantern plus a maglite to see the food clearly. Also had a nice fire going in the big chimera to help keep me warm.

  I didn't get as much knitting done yesterday, several rows is all. I'll be glad when this moss/seed stitch scarf is finished and I can move on to something else. Smaller preferably. I did think the scarf would be done by today but its taking a heck of a lot longer than I thought possible, probably because I've been a bit lazy still after the Christmas rush knitting I had to do. I'll keep at it, I really do believe it will be done by or on the weekend, fingers crossed.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: