Wednesday 8 December 2010

Next scarf is....

   I did the flame scarf in double knit yesterday on 4 mm needles and think it works great so have ordered some red yarn. I've gone for the Jarol heritage again, its what I used for the test knit and the other pocket scarf. Plus I really like knitting with this yarn. It was a little more expensive than the other 2 times I've bought some but worth it seeing as red was hard to come by.

  Made a swatch attempt on the other scarf, the one with the cabled pockets. I really need to play around some more as the cable I chose isn't working out very well. 5 fold aran braid, the 2 rows that are cabled don't make a lot of sense to me so I'll work on that more today than maybe choose another simpler cable to do. Christmas is fast approaching for me to be messing around too much.

  Still waiting for my homespun to dry so I can wind it into a ball, I've moved it closer to the radiator but don't want to apply too much heat. Think I'm overly worried about felting it.

  Short post today, I need to go play with cables. Have a good day and keep warm.

No comments: