Thursday 24 March 2011

Still nice out

   Still lovely days out, warm and bright. The temps are meant to drop back down to seasonal averages this weekend which will be a little colder but I hope the sun keeps shinning. Put the solar water batch heater out last night so I might have warm water for a wash this morning but its not warm enough. Theres not enough time for it to heat up yet, unless I have a two hour lie in. Its too warm of a night to heat the water with the kero heater so over my morning coffee I fire up the kelly kettle for some very hot washing water.

  I got about half of the band woven on the inkle loom, I'm very impressed with this pattern but can see how I could improve it slightly. My starts now are very good, even if I do say so myself and my edges are alot better for the most part. More consistency is needed there. I still haven't had time to read my new book on tablet weaving, I'll try and put 30 mins aside today for that.

  Only got two rows knitted on the clothespin peg bag, about an inch along so far. I think another inch of moss/seed stitch and I might start working on the cables. I've been thinking about weaving a clothespin peg bag as well, think it would be much faster than knitting one. I could combine the inkle bands with some frame loom weaving for some very interesting results.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: