Thursday 17 March 2011

1, 2, 4, 9, 23, D'oh

     I took a short break last weekend from knitting because of all the simple mistakes I was making. My knitting is now ok but I can no longer count. Made a cast on mistake and added an extra 20 stitches and now my counting has messed up my moss/seed stitch on the clothespin peg bag. Instead of undoing the lot I went back a little bit and have about 1cm of 1*1 ribbing then the moss/seed stitch.

    Today I want to try and weave a bookmark on my inkle loom, I need to figure a way to warp the loom so that I don't use loads of yarn but can also use the heddles. I'm thinking of cutting the warp for the bookmark then tying the pieces to yarns to make a full loop of the loom so that I have room to work and the bookmark will still slide along so the heddles will be easier to use. Not sure that makes sense but in my head I think it will work, I'll let you folks know tomorrow.

    I should get some spinning done today or very soon as I haven't done any in about a week. I've nearly got the drop spindle filled, think another batt or two will have it filled and ready to wind off. Once I start on an empty spindle it seems to make me want to spin more to try and fill it up.

    I'd also like to start a Iphone sock even though I have a knitting project going on right now. I think the clothespin peg bag will take a while to finish so a quick knitting project would be nice to do. I have the design for one and know what yarn I want to use I just hope I can count the stitches correctly this time.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: