Saturday 12 March 2011

Check mate

   Almost had it but theres a line down the middle of the band that spoils the check pattern. I do have checks on each side of the line and I'm not sure what I did wrong. I really shouldn't try and warp the inkle loom late at night I guess. Also have a tiny bit of the weft show through every so often, not sure if thats because I've made a mistake on the warp or if I'm not beating down hard enough. Its right in the middle where this troublesome line is. I'll finish this band and have another go but I'll try a different pattern.

   Not sure what my weekend plans are, not really in the mood to do much this morning. I'll play with the inkle loom some and do some spinning as well I think. I'll also make a start on some knitting, if not a Iphone sock then another bookmark. I might have a look at other cable patterns and see if another one takes my fancy.

   If I have something to knit I wouldn't try warping the inkle loom so late at night. It can get a little confusing warping the loom, so far my favorite pattern has been the first time I used cotton and warped it on the fly. Not sure I could repeat that pattern, I'll have to learn how to write them down when I do things on the fly.

  Hope you all have a great weekend, take care folks.

No comments: