Saturday 26 March 2011

Belt up

   I tried one of the eyelets in the band I had on the inkle loom yesterday. I might need to rethink the whole belt concept as the eyelet wasn't completely enclosed by the woven fabric. I'll get some of the washer type eyelets and try again, also have a play around with my technique.
    I had a long look around for the sort of buckles you get on canvas belts but didn't really have much luck, lots in china but with min orders and some of the workmanship looked bad. I did find one place in America that I need to look into more, not as cheap as china but I don't think there are min orders. If I can get the military style canvas belt buckles cheap enough I think that will be the way to go.

   I've put the batts. on charge today, I know, I know, its about time but I should have some picture posts for the next couple of Saturdays. Not a lot planned today, I will be having a go at tablet weaving once I figure a good way to put holes in the cards, think a drill might be best. I also want to get some spinning done, I think I need to take off what I already have on the drop spindle and begin afresh. Hopefully I can make a dent in the bag of batts I have so that I can start plying soon.

  Not been getting a lot of knitting done the last few days, I am trying to get at least one full round done a day but I really should be doing much more if I want to finish the clothespin peg bag before winter. Once I start knitting the cables it will probably slow me down even more.

  Hope you all have a great weekend, take care folks.

No comments: