Friday 25 March 2011

Holes on my mind

   Got some 3mm eyelets today and a counter punch for notches in belts but there not working out as planned, think I need to spend a little more and find eyelets with washers for the back. The counter punch would work with the eyelet washers, the pliers I've seen for closing normal eyelets I'm unsure of the sizes. Think the washers is the way to go, would look more tidy too I imagine. I was hoping to make a belt on the inkle loom for mothers day but I'm not going to be able to now. Not sure what I'm going to do and times fast running out.

  Almost finished the band on the inkle loom and have read some of the tablet weaving book and am ready to try that once this band is finished. I think I'll try and set the tablet weaving up on the inkle loom and see how that goes. I'm not 100% happy with the tension bar on my inkle loom, it seems to be bending a little. I've seen another inkle loom on on ebay with a sliding tension bar instead of this twist type tension bar that I think might be better or I could get some wood and try and make a larger loom with a sliding tension bar, not sure that would be any cheaper though.

  If the inkle looms to small for tablet weaving I've got a couple of c clamps I could set up on the coffee table or I could set up a hook on the wall and use a belt and do some backstrap weaving. I think a trip to the lumber yard might be in order so that I could make an new inkle loom and something for tablet weaving thats adjustable.

  All the plants are outside in the afternoon sun again, its getting to be a bit of a chore taking them out and in every day. At the moment I'm leaving the lettuce outside in the mini green house and they seem to be loving it and just bringing the the tomatoes and tobacco inside of a night. Its still a pain though, the weekend is meant to be colder but we'll see.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: