Wednesday 2 February 2011

Found the socks

   Found the socks eventually. I hadn't knitted no where near as much as I thought I had. I'm going to have to learn how to knit socks again, its been that long I only have a basic understanding. I'm sure it will come flooding back once I knit each part, like riding a bike, without the skinned knees and tears.

  Got two swatches done on the slip stitch colour method and am doing a third one, this one is only using two colours which creates a problem with the colour changes at the rows. I didn't really think about it much, I knit on connected needles so I just slid the swatch along the needle, across the wire and onto the other needles. Not the best solution but works well. I'm sure theres a correct way to do things but as yet I'm just experimenting a little.

  I'm going to make a start on knitting the socks, I didn't do any yesterday. I'm probably a few days away from needing to do any of the hard stuff, plus I want the legs a little longer than normal.

  Have a great day, hope all my American friends are safe from the storms there. Take care folks.

No comments: