Friday 15 April 2011

Weaving scarfs

   Don't know what it is at the moment, not in the mood for knitting but am in the mood for weaving on the frame loom. May as well make the most of it, I cut some yarns yesterday, about 12 feet long, and warped the frame loom. I made a mistake somewhere so will have to re warp the loom. The yarn is a cheap acrylic that I got from lidl last year and been wondering what to do with it. The yarns a cream colour with small dashes of orange, brown and greys. The small frame loom I'm using can hold five feet of cloth, I'm about to test that by trying to weave a scarf 5 and a 1/2 feet long.

  Not sure what I'm doing this weekend, I know what I should be doing is knitting and spinning. We'll see what happens. Now the weathers warming up I should start thinking about buying a raw fleece to process, really not in the mood for that at the moment though, guess I have all summer to think about that one.

   The gardens doing ok, already had a nibble on some lettuce and even a couple of those old salad/green onion seeds have come up. The tobacco seems to be doing ok but I'm keeping a close eye on them, there in the mini green house at the moment and I'm still bringing them in of a night. I'll get the rest of the potatoes planted this weekend, I think all chance of frosts have now past(fingers crossed).

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: