Thursday 28 April 2011

Tomatoes are home.

   The tomatoes are all potted up, think I'm going to give a couple to my mom and sister as I have too many for myself. I used the compost out of my compost bin, the stuff is a lovely black but not as black as my corner compost heap thats mainly leaf mold. You really can't beat leaf mold but it does take a lot longer to break down.

   Not much done yesterday and I'll probably not get much done today apart from bottle the winter warmer ale. The winter warmer ale has fermented really quickly, I could of bottled it yesterday. I'm going to put it all into bottles now the weathers warming up, the barrel is hard to keep cool and ales need to be served at cellar temps. Doing 40 bottles is apita though, will probably take be a couple of hours to sort it all out.

  Just ordered a wooden ruler off ebay so I have a second beater, if it works. I might need to buy some heavier wood and make my own beaters. I did get some knitting done on the pipe pouch, couple more rows and it will be done. Not sure if I want to do holes and a Icord for the pouch or go with a button loop, would need to buy some buttons for that.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: