Tuesday 26 April 2011

Cooling off

   Well the weather looks to be turning back into a normal spring, the last couple of weeks have been more like summer here than spring. The plants all seem happy. The potatoes that have come up are racing a long, I've already had to shore them up twice and think they need more today. Down to about 12 tobacco plants which will be much more manageable for me. I need to plant some more lettuce now the temps have cooled off to keep a constant supply going.

  Only did a little weaving on the inkle loom yesterday and none on the frame loom. I hunted for a wooden rule like the ones we used to have in school but couldn't find any so got a short plastic one to use as a beater. I also picked up a paper punch thingy for making the tablets so I can have a go at tablet weaving.

  The knitting is coming along, I think another inch or two and I'll be done. I'm not sure how I want to finish it off but do want to try and make a button loop so this might be a good time to try. I need to hunt for the video again, I did save the link but have since had to change the computers os so will have to look on the mem stick.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: