Thursday 21 April 2011

Nylons arrived.

   The nylon thread and buckles arrived this morning, early, very early. I've not had a chance to weave with the nylon yet but looking at it I think it might be the right stuff, it does look a little waxy though. The nylon is a lot thicker than a thread, more like double knit thickness and the cone is huge. I'll try and find the time today to set up the inkle loom to weave a little with the nylon to see how it handles.

   The roller bar buckles I ordered seem to be back to front with the prong coming behind instead of in front, they're all like that and just looking at the pictures now they're meant to be like that. I'll have to weave something with the eyelets and attach the buckles to see how they work with the prong at the back. I don't think it would matter if the buckle was flat but they curve.

  The military buckles look to be fine if a little scratched in places but they were seconds so no complaints. These buckles are very simple to use but they don't have tips, I'm not sure how that will affect the weaving but I might try and find some tips. The tips will at least make sure the belt lasts longer by stopping any fraying and make it easier to feed into the buckle.

   Managed a little more knitting and a little bit of weaving. I try and knit one full part of the slip stitch pattern at a time which is 6 rows, yesterday I managed to do 12 rows in all, I need to get more done if I want to be finished over the weekend. The weaving tends to zoom along apart from having to stop every once in a while to wind up the woven part and release the rest of the weft. I'm not sure if the problem is with the winding up the woven part or if I'm beating wrong but theres a very noticeable slant in the rows now. I'm hoping its the winding on part.

   Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: