Monday 23 May 2011

A windy day

   Its very windy here at the moment and will remain windy for a few days. Weather warnings of 80 + mph gusts with sustained winds of over 25 mph. And its raining too, side ways. After walking the dog this morning I checked the poly tunnel, yep its still there. Unfortunately one of the shelves has been blown off dumping 3 tomato plants onto the ground. One tomato plant is snapped and I don't think has a chance of recovery, the other two look ok ish minus about a third of there soil. I'm not sure how the wind blew off a wire shelf inside the poly tunnel, the shelves frame is tide too the poly tunnels frame so I'm thinking the shelf was doing a bucking bronco trick.

  I didn't finish the tobacco tin pouch, I was trying to decide how I wanted to finish it off. Decided to put a couple of eyelets in it so I can knit a long Icord and hang it around my neck and for fastening I want to knit a loop and sew a button on. I need to find the video for knitting the loop thingy. I'm probably a few rows away from getting the tin pouch off the needles then its weaving in and sewing.

  The inkle loom band I have on the loom is coming along. I wove about a foot on Saturday but nothing on Sunday, I don't think I did anything at all yesterday. I think the inkle band will be finished by Wednesday, along with the tobacco tin.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: