Saturday 21 May 2011

Tobacco pouches and leaves.

  An easy post for me today, couple of pictures of my tobacco plants and my recent knitting projects. Click pictures to enlarge.
Tobacco plant
  I've been bragging about this tobacco plant for awhile about how big the leaves were and a couple of friends wanted to see pictures.
tobacco leaf.
tobacco leaf


This leaf is second growth and approx. 6.5 inches wide by 10 inches long.




  

  


   



The best thing about this plant is the slugs and snails have left it alone.
Tobacco plant.
  You can see the bottom big leaf is curling, I was worried about this but theres no damage to it and it seems to curl in different directions. The curling leaf is slightly bigger than the second growth leaf.

Tobacco pipe pouch
   Just two pictures of my recent knitting. This is the pipe pouch I knitted in slip stitch colours using variegated yarns. It still needs weaving in and sewing up.
Tobacco tin pouch.
  This is the tobacco tin pouch I'm currently knitting, almost finished. You can see the two balls of variegated yarn I'm knitting with for the slip stitch colour work. I used the same yarn for the pipe pouch but opposite way around. Not sure its made any difference to the colours. On the tin pouch I've added 3 knit stitches to the beginning and end before I started the slip stitches just to make it easier for me to pull the yarn tight and stop laddering. I should get the tin pouch finished this weekend, less than an inch left to knit.


  Hope you all have a great weekend, take care folks.

No comments: