Tuesday 13 July 2010

Waiting for the rain

I'm sat on the back porch smoking my pipe waiting for the rain, its dark and getting darker. Got a pair of sweat pants hanging on the line, washed em in the wonder washer and was kinda shocked at how much water those things soak up. Will be so glad once I have my mangle/wringer, things should dry much faster then. Lot of birds in and out of the garden getting a last feed before it starts to pour, they don't mind the dog running and playing, nor me sitting here in a cloud of blue smoke.
I recently started to smoke a pipe to save cash on tobacco and found that its a very pleasant way to smoke. I haven't smoked cigarettes for over 10 years, now find em harsh and nasty tasting. Usually smoke rolling tobacco, its habit more than pleasure but the pipe is something else. Its a ritual, a process that takes time and gives you time. In our busy lives today we don't often get to stop and contemplate, listen to the silence.
A true moment of me time.

No comments: