Wednesday 21 July 2010

Basket weave

I thought I'd best do a post on regular basket weave seeing as I did a post on double basket weave yesterday.
 Thanks for the picture, saves me doing a swatch.

 Cast on multiples of 8 stitches plus 5.

Row 1(RS): Knit.
Row 2: K5, *p3, k5; repeat from *.
Row 3: P5, *k3, p5; repeat from *.
Row 4: Repeat row 2.
Row 5: Knit.
Row 6: K1, *p3, k5; rep from *, end last rep k1 instead of k5.
Row 7: P1, *k3, p5; rep from *, end last rep p1 instead of p5
Row 8: Repeat row 6.
Repeat rows 1 - 8.


As you can see from the picture it produces a nice woven looking pattern.


Quick back pack update.

 I've stopped doing the base,back and flap until I can get more of the front and sides done so I have a better idea of the size of the flap needed. I'm hoping I don't run out of yarn. I do have the base and back done and probably about half of the closing flap. 
 On the front and sides so far I'm on my second row of double basket weave, still not sure what to do after that and I'm running out of time to decide. Oh well.

No comments: