The lower body part was done in one piece in the round in stocking stitch apart from the hem that is a garter ridge(k1 row, p1 row). The original pattern is done in two pieces, 3 pieces in all(lower 1front 2back and 3arms & yoke)
The yarn I used is 90% wool and 10% silk.I got the yarn off eBay on a cone of about 900g. Think is was meant to be for knitting machines, it was pretty cheap at £13.
Things I learned.
I can do big projects, the neck line/hole had me confused when reading the pattern but was really simple in the end. Mattress stitch, yes this was the first time I've used the mattress stitch. I'm normally a tight knitter but doing the sleeves and yoke all in moss stitch (about 5 feet long and 15 to 17" wide) loosened my knitting up, lets hope it stays that way.