Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bargain sock yarn

Got 200g of dark ish grey sock yarn today for £1 + £2.50 postage including basic sock pattern. Not a fantastic colour, its like school uniform grey, but for the price its pretty amazing. 75% super wash wool so not cheap nasty stuff. 200g (50g = 210m) will do 2 pairs of socks. She has a couple of other colours but there not that inspiring either though the rusty orange might be. Going to get some more and maybe try my hand at argyle socks. Of course I don't have to use it for socks. I could knit hats, gloves or even a thin summer sweater with it.
 If you want her eBay link to buy some for yourself please ask in comments or email me. No affiliation with me.

I also bought some coloured pencils today to help me work out what I want to do with the tartan scarf. I think that's going to be my next project and first real Christmas present. 
Not sure what I'm going to do with the backpack, might keep it for myself as a yarn bag.I want to do a poll soon on which side should be the front, I kinda like both sides. Will have to take pictures first and fast because I'm almost done.

No comments: