Saturday 4 June 2011

A windy year.

    Its still pretty warm today but the winds picked up a fair amount. It seems to have been an unusually windy year so far, we've certainly had gales much later in the year than whats normal. I've lost another tomato plant today due to the wind, it might survive minus a couple of branches. This is the forth tomato plant the wind has blown over so far this year though only one had fully died. I'm glad I have the poly tunnel to help protect my plants even if I worry all the time about it blowing away.

  The clothespin peg bag I'm weaving at the moment is almost finished, less than a cm and its done. I need to take some measurements to see if my idea for a two piece bag will work, I'm not sure I can wind on yarn/cloth with this loom I'm using. If this idea doesn't work out I might break it down into three pieces, one back piece and two front pieces. I'll let you know on Monday. Once I've finished the clothespin peg bag for my moms birthday I'll experiment with the loom to see how easy it would be to wind yarn and cloth.

  Hope you all have a great weekend, take care folks.

No comments: