Friday 10 June 2011

Start again.

   Big hic up with the clothespin peg bag. I'd almost finished sewing it all up with the buttons on when I noticed some of the bag was coming apart. I had used invisible thread to sew the hem but I don't know much about sewing hems so hadn't really secured the warp threads. Everything I've done in the past has had a fringe so you just tie knots to secure, job done.

  Next time I weave something with a hem I'll do a hem stitch while the works still on the loom, I had to look in one of my books and found a hem stitch. Which should be soon because I have to start again. The bag hasn't fallen apart its just that the weft is all loose near the hand hole due to the warp coming loose. The actual hem part holding the weft has stayed in place.

  Lessons learned, theres something called a hem stitch, don't cut the fringe so close to the knots and don't try to finish something at the last min.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: