Tuesday 21 June 2011

Still weaving

   Still working on the front bottom piece of the clothespin peg bag, only managed a couple of rows yesterday. I'm hoping I can finish the bottom piece today then warp the loom for the top front piece, that will only take about 3.5 to 4 inches of weaving so should go quickly. I need to start thinking about joining the pieces and button holes. I wasn't too happy with the looped button hole on the last piece but that was probably more down to me and not being able to do it tidily. I might knit small Icords and use those as loops.

  To join the front and back of the clothespin peg bag I've been thinking of weaving a thin inkle band and using that inbetween the two pieces, more sewing and weaving for me but I think it will not only look better but function better as well. I'd need to finish weaving the dog collar I have on the inkle loom first though. It never seems to end.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: