Saturday 30 July 2011

Yummy tomatoes

   Yummy tomatoes are ready to eat, I don't think I'll have a glut this year like most other years. I planted my tomatoes in smaller pots this year, too small really but I needed the big pots for my tobacco plants. Plus with the wind killing a couple and damaging a few more plants my crop this year should be manageable.
  The weathers picking up, suns out and its looking to get much warmer for the next few days. I could do with some rain though, one of my water barrels is already empty and my plants get thirsty in this weather. Still, its a good excuse to fire up the grill for some burgers and tomatoes. My lettuce has bolted but I might be able to pick a leaf or two and the salad onions are ready too.
  No yarn plans for this weekend really, going to play it by ear. I'm thinking of knitting a washcloth again to ease myself back into knitting and that grey yarn I attempted to knit the phone sock with will work nicely for that. No idea on what sort of pattern but will keep it as simple as possible for the time being.

  Hope you all have a great weekend, take care folks.

No comments: