Monday 18 July 2011

Raining.

   Its been a very wet weekend and reading the weather folks today they're saying it could rain for the next 30 days and maybe longer. It looks like St. Swithin might be right this year. I've managed to refill all my rain barrels and then some, I could really do with more storage capacity but the bigger barrels are pretty expensive.

  I made a start knitting the crossed arrow cable phone sock in a grey cotton but after about 10 rows I've decided to frog it. I'm not happy with the cotton, its kind of fluffy and I think its a dish cloth cotton. I'll have to go through my stash and see what other yarns I have, I know I don't have any suitable cottons in a nice plain colours so might have to go with a sock yarn. I have a grey sock yarn and also a nice dark forest green sock yarn I could use as well. I want a plain colour that is easy to wash.

  I didn't get any weaving done, I'll try and get the clothespin peg bag finished this week. Try. I also want to have a go at back strap weaving and finger weaving. I think the finger weaving/braiding will help me produce some nicer fringes. I really struggle to make nice ends on my inkle pieces, my hemming needs more work too.

  Hope you all had a great weekend, have a great day and take care folks.

No comments: