Wednesday 3 August 2011

Weaving again?

   I'm going to finish weaving the bottom front piece of the clothespin peg bag this afternoon, I think it only needs a couple of rows and hemming. I think I might need to watch a couple more videos of hemming first, I know how to do the stitch but am unsure about what happens when you take it off the loom. Do I need  to fold over the edges or is the hem stitch enough to hold the work together? I think if the piece kept a fringe of the warps the hem stitch would work on its own but alas the clothespin peg bag doesn't have a fringe.

   I've found a very simple pattern for knitting a washcloth, start at the corner with 3 stitches then yarn overs for each row to the middle of the washcloth then decreases. Looking at the picture it looks fragile to me but my friend assures me it isn't, I have plenty of this grey yarn so I'll give it a go over the next few days.

  The weather is still muggy here but I think is about to break either today or tomorrow with lots of rain and maybe thunder storms. I'll be glad when its cooler.

  Hope you all have a great day, take care folks.

No comments: