Monday 15 August 2011

Mice, plan C. Tom & Jerry

   Well the duct tape doesn't work for catching mice, I think the mouse got stuck a little but managed to drag itself off the tape. The spring traps are useless, the light weight mouse can pick the bait clean in perfect safety. Plan c is diy traps. I've cut the top off a 2l bottle and shoved the end upside down back into the bottle. Its baited at the top and the bottom, the idea is that the mouse will climb in and not be able to get out. For bait I've found the mouse prefers dry dog food which saves me from using all my lovely nutella.

  Other diy traps I'm going to tray are a bucket of water with wire or string running across the top with a bobbin or something that will spin freely  in the middle of the wire. I'll bait the bobbin and the mouse should run along the wire for the bait which will spin around dropping the mouse in the water for a swim. Or seeing as this is starting to turn into a Tom and Jerry cartoon an anvil will probably land on my head.

  Another diy trap for me to try is with a large bucket, with or without water if its large enough to stop the mouse getting out, have a baited toilet roll balanced over the edge of something and when the mouse goes for the bait it tips the toilet roll over into the bucket. Or a large anvil falls on my head.

  I'll let you all know how I get on, once I stop seeing tweety bird flying around my head from the anvil injuries.

  Hope you all had a good weekend, have a great day, take care folks

No comments: