Monday 27 February 2012

Scarf is finished, at last.

  Ello folks, I've finally finished the moss, seed stitch 5 fold aran braid pocket scarf. This scarf has taken me two years to knit, I started it as a Christmas present but didn't finish it in time so ended up knitting a baker boy hat in less than 24 hours. Once I had finished the seed, moss stitch scarf I knitted the five fold aran braid cable pockets but they were too small, after that I put the scarf down for about a year. The scarf should of been done for this Christmas but again I didn't get around to it, only now just finishing the pockets.

  The five fold aran braid cable pockets are a little large and somewhat heavy on the scarf, the scarf stretches a fair bit. Other than that the scarf is fine, meaning I'm done with it. No more work on this one, its washed and blocked waiting to dry, but I am now knitting another moss, seed stitch scarf to go with the small pockets I've already knitted. I had already started the scarf when I realised how heavy the pockets were on the first scarf, I'm hoping the smaller pockets don't weigh as much and stretch this new scarf. Now I just need to get it finished in under two years and all will be well, once I decide who to give it too. I still owe one sister a Christmas present so instead of weaving her a scarf I might give her this new one.

  Hope you all had a great weekend, have a great day and take care folks.

No comments: